Sunday, October 21, 2012

Orange in the Fall

These days I've been taking my orange skirt out for a walk a lot. The weather has been chilly at night but just dandy and sunny for walking in the daytime :). I really wear it everywhere haha, perhaps I should stop before someone picks up on it! The trees outside are swaying in gorgeous colours like a gypsy twirling in a her gypsy skirt, man Autumn is just a beauty everywhere you look. That's why I'm really happy to live in a country like Canada, where you have all these gorgeous seasons each year. My native country Cuba has no Autumn or Winter and unfortunately they never get to experience the colour changing leaves like up here. The sun and wind are paring up and making all the leaves dance today. It makes me so very happy ^_^.

Anyways, enough of that! I would like to share a new piece with you guys that my boyfriend has completed! It is called "Confronting Inevitability" - by my boyfriend - Ryan Demaree. If any of you would like to read an in depth description of the meaning behind HERE on his blog you may do so. It is very thought provoking, contrasting, and  reflective on the tragedy of 9/11 and the advancement of our species. My boyfriend suggests we should not be committing terrorist acts based on religion and economics and what not, bombarding one another, when instead we could be focusing on pushing our planet foreword and elevating our species to eventually be able sustain our planet and even visit and be part of other planetary systems in the universe. I think he's got a great point. Have yourself a looksie at his post! I guarantee you won't be disappointed :)


Other than my boyfriend's great new painting, I also wanted to share my outfit with you :)
I am wearing a fully thrifted outfit as often seems to be the case, no more than 5$ spent on each piece, which I love. We don't need much consumerism in the world! Especially when we can recycle and enjoy older garments! These are the first time I take out my 1950's heels out to public and walk around in them, they are pretty fantastic white sling-backs I found at a Good Will store a while back. They looked like they belonged in a Museum, so I couldn't leave them behind :) I alternate between leaving my hair up and down in these shots, can't make up my mind haha. Also check out my unicorn necklace in the last shot! It is absolutely one of my favourite neck pieces, gotta believe in unicorns man ;)


Button pale floral blouse - Thrifted
Salmon skirt - Thrifted
White 50's sling-back heels - Thrifted 
Unicorn necklace - Gift from a friend














Farewell for now! 
Peace & Love everyone! :)

-Ginela


2 comments:

  1. Love the painting and your outfit is gorgeous

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you for stopping by pretty lady! I shall check out your blog at once! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spare me a few words and I'll return them with love :)